Wednesday 9 April 2014

Miss you SEOUL much
























 
I have always been whining about how much I miss this place, Korea's Seoul! One of the things that I am so desperate to do now is to save up and go back again. There are actually quite a few reasons why I am so into Seoul and one of them has to be their cafes. While in many other Asia countries, only 'mainstream' cafes like Starbucks can be found but in Seoul, European ambiance cafes are almost everywhere and I personally feel that Korean has got the most beautiful Cafes among all Asia countries, Nothing beats chilling at a warm and cozy cafe during winter season. You can check out ladyironchef's 10 Cafes in Seoul for some good recommendations.
 
Shopping in Korea definitely isn't cheap. Other than their house brand cosmetic lines, all other stuffs are way more expensive than Singapore. If you happened to been to Seoul, you will realise that most of their items are actually made in korea hence the costs are much higher than those that were made in china but quality wise is definitely much better. Main tourist attractions like Myeongdong and Dongdaemun are usually rip offs for tourist so don't expect to find cheap deals there. Go to Hongdae and Edae! Hongdae (Hongik University Station) which Stylenanda flagship store can be found, is a place where many young adults hang out at. Hello Kitty cafe is located at Hongdae too! This place is definitely a must go for everyone and I promise it won't disappoints you, As for Edae shopping street (Ewha Women's University station), it is a shopping area near Ewha women university. Shopping for high school girls and Uiniversity students simply means cheap deals! You can find many sales items on the sales racks and majority of the apparels are so much cheaper than places like Dongdaemun and Myeongdong. Nowhere to go at night? Go to Dongdaemun for a 24hr shopping adventure. Their wholesale malls are open till 5 to 6am!!
 
I can go never ending about how much Seoul has stolen my heart but I shall not. Bet I won't be able to be back anytime soon this year as I'll be heading back to Hong kong again on July.(Yes I can't wait!!!) Hopefully I can go back next year maybe right after the winter season.
 
xoxo
Kellayeee

No comments:

Post a Comment