Wednesday 16 July 2014

HONG KONG TRIP 2014


Hello guys! Sorry for being away from this tiny space for such a not-so-short while. So.....here's an update for my recent trip to Hong Kong. But first, let me take some selfies!


On the plane to Hong Kong . . . 

Upon arrival, we headed to Causeway Bay after checking in to our hotel. We stayed at IBIS located at Sheung Wan area. The room wasn't big but I guess it was good enough for the two of us. From the hotel, it takes about a 10 - 15 minutes walk to reach the MTR station.The weather in Hong Kong was a killer. Every single day I'm perspiring like mad.


Our first meal in Hong Kong.

Street snack time!

--

DAY 2

We had a quick brunch at some nearby Cha can ting (their local cafe) before heading to Mongkok. Our initial plan was to go Disneyland on that day but we thought going on a weekend wasn't the best idea hence we postponed it. Major love for their wanton mee! The prawn dumpling in Hong Kong is the best. Wish I could have some now...(hungry)

This was taken at Fa Yuen Street. Mongkok is the heart of Hong Kong and definitely has the best shopping for girls. Argyle Centre 旺角中心 and Fa Yuen Street are the must visit. Go to Langham Place for H&M and Mongki.

Mongkok at Night

Maggie mee supper! Anyone knows if we have the maggie carbonara here in Singapore?

--

DAY 3

Headed to Tim Ho Wan @ IFC mall. Had a really long wait there for our turn and my favourite Lou mai gai was sold out. #okaycan #sadsingaporegirl



We decided to spend our weekend like a Hongkie instead of a tourist. Finally caught How to train your dragon 2 in 3D and it was so good. A really meaningful movie. Okay I have to admit that I actually cried. LOL

Two happy girls 

Our movie treats! The hotdog bun was quite horrible though -_-

Late dinner at some nearby cafe


--

DAY 4

Finally Australia Dairy Co!!! We only queued for 10 minutes even though the line looks kind of long. Their service was really speedy. We ordered the set lunch B. From what we observed, majority ordered that too. It comes with macaroni, toast, eggs, ham and a drink. Australia Dairy Co is definitely one of the must try in Hong Kong, no doubt. It is quite easy to find as the location is pretty near Jordan MTR station.

Tsim Sha Tsui Granville Road




Spotted this sexy cat with leopard prints.

One of the best meal I had. The roast duck was really good and my pork chop noodle too!

Headed to Avenue of Stars after dinner. Can't really see much as it was filled with tourist but the night view here was indeed breathtaking.

--

 DAY 5

Finally made our trip to Disneyland. Then it started to rain. What a spoiler but luckily it wasn't a pouring rain. Bought umbrellas as we do not want to get wet (we still somehow got wet in the end grrr) We only managed to take 2 rides as the queue for every ride is about 40minutes to an hour. Love the Grizzly Bear ride and Toy Story Control Car ride!



Took the Storybook Land Canal Boats too


Super cute and yummy Mickey Mouse waffle! DAMN GOOD!

--

DAY 6

We decided to head back to Mongkok again but this time round we were really too broke to shop. Had a really satisfying lunch at Tsui Wah. Honestly, Tsui Wah is a must try in Hong Kong. It was recommended by many locals. They have outlets almost everywhere. We had twice during our trip.

This girl asked me to take a photo of her while she was taking selfie




--

LAST DAY :(





Overall this trip was a pleasant and unforgettable one. It is actually my first trip with a girlfriend of mine. I could still remember during the last night of the trip, I've only have 70HKD left. I was hesitating to spent them away on something so I asked Chiang if I should get it but then I will have no money for dinner and she was like "I pay for your maggie mee lor" hahahaha!! So I just want to say thank you for offering to pay for the drinks and my maggie mee when I am broke, being my ootd photographer and listening to my nonsense when I am troubled. Most of all thank you for making this wonderful trip happen. Don't feel too touched when reading this okay! Hehehe love you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment