Wednesday 2 April 2014

Taiwan Trip Part 4 (Taipei: 淡水 Dansui // 九份 Jiufen // 美麗華百樂園 Miramar Entertainment Park // Hello Kitty Sweet)


Sorry that this came a little late. I took a month to complete all 4 parts of my Taiwan trip. Didn't knew that there are people who were actually waiting to read this! It makes me feel glad and so sorry for updating this late. So we headed to 淡水 Dansui on the 6th day of the trip! It's located at the final stop of red line, Dansui station.
Before heading out, first lemme take a selfie. lol


淡水 Dansui

Koi @ Dansui station. For those who don't know, Koi original name in Taiwan is called 50嵐

And why do they have mini pearls but we DON'T? Whyyyyyy? :(

Reaching Dansui Fisherman harbour area









Spotted this ice cream stall and excited me decided to get one for myself but unfortunately, the taste was so bland. No wonder it was low fat...

The famous 'Ah gei' (first on the left) at the Dansui area. Not really to my liking. It's fried beancurd.



Basically, Dansui is more for sightseeing. I kind of love this place because it is really hard to find places like this anymore. A place that makes you reminisce the good old days of childhood. They have game stalls that we used to see in pasar malam, shops that sell old school toys and etc. Unlike fast paced city, life seems to be so peaceful here. The souvenir shops tend to have many leather bracelets and some necklaces. I managed to get myself some cheap and pretty accessories there.

I don't know why did I even bought this hahaha

Goodbye Dansui, Till we meet again. :'(


Next stop,  九份 Jiufen






As mentioned in one of my previous post, it's better to visit Jiufen and Shifen on the same day since both places are so inconvenience to reach and so near each other. I failed to plan my itinerary well hence we went on two different days. Don't make the same mistake as me. What made it worst is, I didn't know that 28th February is their public holiday and it lands on a friday. The crowd on the day we went Jiufen was insane! Oh damn, The train journey to Ruifeng is soooo torturing I swear. My feet ached like mad with no seats and it was super crowded inside the train. I almost jumped down the train, okay kidding. For those who wanna look for local delicacy and souvenirs, Jiufen is the right place for you. I wanted to try out the famous 賴阿婆芋圓 Lai ah po taro balls but the queue is like...I give up. Sighs. Please go and try it. I heard it is super good. What a pity I couldn't try it.


Hello Kitty Sweet
90 Da-an Road Sec 1, Taipei, Taiwan
地址: 台北市大安路一段90號
http://www.hellokittysweets.com.tw/index.html

忠孝復興站 Zhongxiao Fuxing (blue line) station, Exit 3







After exiting from exit 3, walk straight and turn right. It's not that hard to find. They have a minimum spending of NT$300 per person here. The food was nothing to rave about. Some of the drinks are really too sweet. We only get to try the desserts and the portion is huge. I would still prefer Seoul's Hello Kitty cafe! Not discouraging anyone to go but just don't hold high expectation on the food. They looked really cute though. Instagram worthy. HAHA


美麗華百樂園 Miramar Entertainment Park
劍南路站 Jiannan road station



Went there only for the Ferry wheels! The malls are quite boring to be honest but I like their food court. They have a good variety of food that are pocket friendly.



 Last day in Taipei...

This was from a cafe named 喝東西HDX nearby my hotel. It's really good!! Wanted to have it again on the last day of the trip before flying back but it wasn't available on that day. :(

So we had this from another cafe instead.

The last OOTD in Taipei :(

Waiting for flight....I don't wanna go home


You can also read other parts here: Part One // Part Two // Part Three
Thank you for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment