Wednesday 12 February 2014

DIET TIPS & EXPERIENCE

Almost every girl wanna be skinny. Why? Because skinny girls look better in clothes and photographs. Though we all know the fact that being skinny is not everything, health should comes first, most girls still feel really insecure about their appearance. I can't deny that I'm one of those girls who is never satisfied with my appearance especially my weight. I actually did lose 8-9kg years back and I swear I really putted in hell lots of effort in losing weight during that period. I know I wasn't fat back then but more like chubby! So here is some tips and what I did during my diet. (Sadly I can never achieve the motivation to do this shit again...because I'm a couch potato) -pout-

Many girls get the wrong idea of skipping meals in order to lose weight.(alright I admit that I still do that now but I know it doesn't really helps) By skipping meals, you are only slowing down your metabolism and the tiny weight you lose are actually just water retention.

SAY NO TO REFINED CARB! Yes that simply means no rice, noodle, bread and sugar! When you stop taking carb, your body will burn fats instead of carb for energy. I know it is super tough but believe me it works! During those days, I didn't take any carb for almost 3months. (Well, I do have cheat meals once or twice during that 3mths lol) Eat more meats for protein. Your body will feel really weak without carbs so you will have to balance it with protein! Food like meats and eggs give you protein. Other than salads, you can trying ordering yong tau foo without the noodle. I used to eat that for low carb diet.

DO CARDIO AT HOME! Yes, other than just your diet, you will need to workout in order to achieve results! All you need is just a small amount of exercise per day. Do yoga or whatever aerobic exercise at home everyday for at least an hour. It not helps to burn calories but also helps in toning up your fats and losing water retention. For me, I did my cardio 6days a week and 60-90min each time. (Where is my motivation now oh gosh!) Other than cardio, I will also walk up and down the stairs. Go to the first floor then climb way to the top, go back down and continue the same again for a few times. Well, provided that you are a hdb flat resident.

DRINK BLACK COFFEE! Ever heard of the black coffee diet? Go google if you haven't. Caffeine makes your heart beats faster for the next hour hence it gives your metabolism a boost. I drank a lot of black coffee. Kopi-o kosong! (damn uncle I know lmao) My friends and colleagues will know about this! It is bitter but I'm already used to it. People have been asking me, why do I like black coffee. NO I've never liked it. Ever since I forced myself to drink black coffee in order to boost up my metabolism rate, it has became a habit of mine to drink black coffee without any sugar and milk but I'm totally fine with the taste. Also, sugar and milk contain calories and that would defeat the purpose of wanting to lose weight.

Lastly, quit snacking and of course.......NO ALCOHOL PLEASE

I wish I could have the motivation I had back then. I do not know how did I even survived that 2-3months of dieting days but it is all worth it. You can eat slimming pills but if you don't restrict your diet and workout, the pills will never help. From my experience, working out is actually the best way to lose weight but it is also the hardest thing for me. Good luck to the girls out there who are currently planning to or already on diet. FIGHTING DON'T GIVE UP!!! -inserts muscle emoji-

No comments:

Post a Comment