Wednesday 15 October 2014

KOREA SEOUL YOLO (PART TWO)

Sorry that I've took quite a while to update about my Korea trip. Unfortunately, my phone has decided to die on me right after my trip and some photos were lost. What bad luck! :( I really wanted to keep all the photos. They each holds an unforgettable memory to me.
Guess who went to catch a movie at 8.45am alone? Sounds crazy I know but swear I wouldn't mind doing it again. In fact, I really wanted to do so but I can't find another movie to watch. I managed to catch Step Up All In at Sinchon Artreon theatre which is currently ruled by CGV. It was located nearby my guesthouse. As a movie junkie, I enjoyed myself regardless if I am watching alone or not. To be honest, I don't mind catching movie alone as I really dislike people who talk during movies.
 
 
Ihwa Art Village

Headed to Ihwa Art Village located at Hyehwa Station after that. To be exact, it is about 10-15min walk away. I used google map to guide me there. The entire place is beyond beautiful. If you are someone who appreciates art, this is the right place for you. A photo worthy spot! I've seen this place in some Korean drama before but never once thought that one day I will be there myself.



 











Selfie with beautiful backdrop
 
--
 
Hongdae (Hongik Univ Station)

Next up, Hongdae! A MUST GO for everyone. It has food, cafe, shopping, nightlife and street performances. It is a hot spot for the youngsters in Seoul.

Stylenanda flagship store is located at Hongdae. This is not the first time I've been there but yet it was the first time I am taking photo with their photobooth.


Here are some photos from my trip last year at Hongdae

This is a MUST TRY! I don't know what is the actual name of this so I shall name it as Eggy bread! I had this for quite a few times during my trip. TOO GOOD!

I am missing this right now! The Korean Pancake! :(

Hello Kitty Cafe at Hongdae! I didn't went this time round as I've been there twice during my previous trip.


Korean honey chicken with dukbokki snack! The only one we can find in Singapore is Kkuldak (located at Plaza Singapura, Bugis Junction)which is pretty much the same thing but of course, I think the korean ones are still better!
 
 
Edae (Ehwa Woman's University Station)

I have lose the photos taken at Edae using my phone. So one throwback with the shopping street. For thrift shopping, girls should definitely visit Edae! The price is a lot cheaper than many tourist spots like Dongdaemun as it is located beside an University.
 
I love the Hazelnut bubble tea from this bubble tea store.

This is how the University looks like. So much nicer and bigger than those in Singapore.
 
 
Cheonggyecheon Stream (City Hall Station)

A really beautiful tourist hot spot


Throw a coin to make a wish.

Mine never got in at all. I think I have serious aiming issue. Humph

Don't expose me I am not using a selfie rod. Just kidding. It is really common over there. Nothing to be embarrass about.

 

Headed over to Itaewon after that but I personally find that it was a pretty boring place. Spotted this interesting painting on one of the shops. Itawon is basically for tourist and has got many pubs/bars packed with foreigners at night.


Han River
 
Met up with another Korean friend of mine and he brought me to Han River after dinner. Initially, I wanted to catch the rainbow fountain but it was actually located at another part of the river. I have no choice but to give it a miss. :( Nevertheless, the place is still pretty chilly and relaxed. You can see many couples and friends hanging around here with beers and snacks. This is eaactly the kind of place I love to hang out at night.


View along the riverside. Bring me back.
 
 
To be continued...
You can read Part One here

No comments:

Post a Comment